Bluestone “Think and Do” Award
The Barry Bluestone “Think and Do” Award recognizes the Capstone project that embodies our ideal of timely, evidence-based, policy-focused research that addresses an important problem for a client with an intent of positive social change.
- Fall 2020 | Policies to Ameliorate the Impact of Student Off-campus Housing on Roxbury’s Housing
Client: The American City Coalition
Team Members: Elizabeth Biskar, Helen Hemley, Dylan Ricker, Lin Zhai
- Spring 2021 | Assessing the Feasibility of an Unarmed Emergency Response Unit in Lynn, MA
Client: New Lynn Coalition
Team Members: Georgia Hamilton and James English
Student Leadership Award
The Graduate Student Leadership Award is given to a student who demonstrates not only the desire to build a strong community among SPPUA students, but also the will to follow through on that desire. –
- Meghan Ryan, Master of Public Policy
The Community Impact Award is given to a student who demonstrates a deep commitment to partnering with others to address community issues and thereby bring about transformative change.
- Mehrnaz Amiri, MS in Urban Informatics
- Delorean Sheridan, Master of Public Administration
- Sebastian Zapata, MS in Urban Planning and Policy
Academic Performance Award
The Outstanding Academic Performance Award is given to the graduate (Master’s or PhD) with the highest GPA.
- Jillian Jacobson, MA in International Affairs
- Yuan Ji, Master of Public Administration
- Christopher Klem, MS in Urban Planning and Policy
- Dylan Ricker, Master of Public Policy
- Xin Shu, MS in Urban Informatics
The School Spirit Award recognizes a student who with their academic achievements, outstanding service to the University and larger community, and commitment to putting research into practice embodies the SPPUA spirit.
- Anna Demina, MS in Urban Planning and Policy
- Alison Jones, MA in International Affairs
- Julia Vasta, Master of Public Policy
- Grecia White, MS in Urban Informatics