- Describe the elements of the criminal justice system and understand their historical development.
- Explain the causes and consequences of crime.
- Describe the fundamentals of legal reasoning, the development of case law doctrine, and due process rights in the criminal justice system.
- Understand the role of systemic racism and intersecting dimensions of oppression in the development of policies and practices across the criminal justice system, as well as in crime and justice theory and research.
- Use cutting edge analytical tools to understand crime and criminal justice system responses.
- Apply and transform knowledge across a range of contexts, including in the classroom, on co-op, and in research
Type of Program
Criminal Justice Major, Combined Majors, & Minor