The BA History/Asian Studies program will combine the learning outcomes of both majors in an integrated whole. Students will be expected to master the learning outcomes of both programs which include:
- Students will apply an array of historical methodologies and critical tools to construct evidence and/or data-based understandings of the past—particular of the Asian past– in order to provide historical dimension to present and future developments.
- Students will demonstrate a mastery over a particular Asian region or thematic concentration.
- Students will connect mastery over their regional or thematic focus to the larger global historical context.
- Students will clearly and competently communicate the results of their coursework and research orally, digitally, and in writing.
5) Students will learn to communicate effectively in an Asian language.
Type of Program