Internships are short-term and/or part-time experiences through which students have the opportunity to earn academic credit.
Typically, international affairs students find part-time internships for the fall or spring semesters to serve as their fourth academic course, or they will find a part-time or full-time internship during the summer. In order to receive academic credit, students complete written assignments related to the experience and submit them to a Northeastern faculty member.
Students interested in completing an internship for academic credit through the International Affairs Program should contact Professor Youly Diamanti-Karanou (email@example.com) and Professor Ioannis Livanis (I.Livanis@northeastern.edu) at least one month prior to the beginning of the internship.
Are you looking for online volunteer or internship position this summer?
Volunteering allows you to help your communities or communities around the world, while continuing to build skills throughout the summer. For a list of volunteer opportunities around the world, organized by continent and country, click on Online Volunteer Opportunities.
- Additional opportunities and databases that may be of interest for year-round opportunities:
- Office of City and Community Engagement at Northeastern
- Volunteering opportunities through Building Impact
- Volunteering database through Catchafire
- UN Volunteers – Online Volunteering
- Internship database through Idealist.org
Please check back often as this will be updated.