Bluestone “Think and Do” Award
The Barry Bluestone “Think and Do” Award recognizes the Capstone project that embodies our ideal of timely, evidence-based, policy-focused research that addresses an important problem for a client with an intent of positive social change.
- Fall 2019 | A More Vibrant Revere: Economic Development Strategies to Foster Urban Revitalization
Team Members: Kelsey Boone, Joelle Juarez, Jack Giordano, Reggie Zimmerman
The team worked with real estate firm Red Gate and the City of Revere to explore economic development strategies that make sense given the City’s population characteristics, its location, and its proximity to major projects, such as at the former Suffolk Downs.
- Spring 2020 | Uneven Paths: Recovery in Louisiana Parishes after Hurricane Katrina
Team Members: Nicholas Hersey, Alex Poniatowski, Haoran ZhengThe team worked with Prof. Dan Aldrich to elaborate on the value of “soft” human services Federal investments in supporting community-based resilience in rural Louisiana communities after Katrina (a very valuable project in light of likely FEMA recovery interventions in urban communities in our post-pandemic era).
Student Leadership Award
The Graduate Student Leadership Award is given to a student who demonstrates not only the desire to build a strong community among SPPUA students, but also the will to follow through on that desire. –
- Aseem Deodhar, MS in Urban Informatics
- Ami Campbell, MS in Urban & Regional Policy
- Megan Fitzgerald, MA in International Affairs
The Community Impact Award is given to a student who demonstrates a deep commitment to partnering with others to address community issues and thereby bring about transformative change.
- Josiah Parry, MS in Urban Informatics
- Nita Holder, Master of Public Administration
Academic Performance Award
The Outstanding Academic Performance Award is given to the graduate (Master’s or PhD) with the highest GPA.
- Sky Olander, MS/JD in Law & Public Policy
- Aileen McGrory, Master of Public Policy
- Shawna O’Neil, Master of Public Policy
The School Spirit Award recognizes a student who with their academic achievements, outstanding service to the University and larger community, and commitment to putting research into practice embodies the SPPUA spirit.
- Joelle Juarez, Master of Public Administration
- Ashley Armand, Master of Public Policy
- Kelsea Morshuk-Allen, MA in International Affairs