Teaching Assistant/Associate Professor in Landscape Architecture
Opportunity Posted On:
Company / Organization:
University of Colorado Boulder
View Job:View Job Opportunity
DescriptionThe Program in Environmental Design (ENVD) at the University of Colorado, Boulder is pleased to invite applications for non-tenure track Teaching Professor positions at the Assistant or Associate levels. We seek candidates with primary expertise in Landscape Architecture while also demonstrating a broad interdisciplinary skillset in Sustainable Planning and Urban Design. The position is expected to begin in Fall 2024. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to teach undergraduate students in a variety of modalities including large lectures, studios, and seminar courses.As an interdisciplinary program with majors in Environmental Product Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Sustainable Planning and Urban Design, we highly value candidates with teaching and professional experience in more than one primary discipline. ENVD attributes special value to work steeped in social justice, community development, regional environmental planning, and climate responsiveness. Novel approaches, especially those utilizing emerging technological processes and concepts, are also highly valued. We seek candidates who bring excellence and innovation to support the undergraduate core curriculum, which covers foundational design skills and knowledge in the allied environmental design disciplines.ENVD seeks applicants to develop and teach courses at all levels in the undergraduate curriculum. We seek someone who will enhance undergraduate scholarly endeavors in addition to training students for careers in professional fields. Our instructors aspire to pedagogical and curricular excellence and innovation and are encouraged to extend their impact beyond the classroom through advising, creative work, recognition, or sharing at conferences and trade publications, among other forms of dissemination and impact.
- The position is 9 months/100% equivalent, although we will consider part-time positions. A willingness to teach a summer class is a plus.
- The Teaching Assistant Professor salary is $74,160 and the Teaching Associate Professor salary is $76,000 to $78,280.
- A typical workload for instructors is 80% teaching (typically 18 credits per AY) and 20% service. All faculty are expected to participate in department committees and department governance.
- A typical contract is 3 years in length, after which a reappointment review is conducted.
- A relocation stipend is available.
- In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, the University of Colorado Boulder offers gender-neutral paid parental leave and teaching and professional development.
- Minimum of two academic years of teaching experience.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Candidates with significant additional experience will be considered for Teaching Associate Professor rank.