In Northeastern’s signature co-op ecosystem, students undertake six-month research and work experiences with businesses, non-profits, and government agencies in Boston, across the United States, and around the world.
Northeastern students begin by working with their academic advisor to plan how co-op fits best into their Northeastern pathway. Students take a one-credit prep course, and then begin to alternate between full-time academic and full-time co-op semesters. Students typically work six-month assignments. The exact start and end dates are determined by the employer in collaboration with the Co-op Coordinator.
Meet with your coordinator to plan a co-op
- Go to your MyNEU account.
- Click on the ‘experiential learning/co-op’ tab on the top menu.
- Choose ‘Appointment Calendar’ link in ‘Co-op’.
- In ‘Group’ drop-down select ‘Cooperative Education’.
- Find your coordinator’s name.
- Select an open time that works.