Health Care Management and Policy Concentration
This graduate concentration is available to students in the Masters of Public Administration (MPA) and Masters of Public Policy (MPP) programs in the School of Public Policy and Urban Affairs. It is designed to enable students to develop a deeper understanding of the contemporary health care sector, including the intricacies of U.S. health policy, and competencies in health care management. The concentration is comprised of three (3) courses, one from each of three focus areas.
- HRMG 6220 Health Organization Management. 3 SH
- STRT 6220 Strategic Management for Healthcare Organizations. 3 SH
- SCHM 6223 Managing Healthcare Supply Chain Operations. 3 SH
- PPUA 7240 Health Policy and Politics. 4 SH
- PPUA 7247 U.S. Health Reform: Past, Present, and Future. 4 SH
- PHTH 5234 Economic Perspectives on Health Policy. 3 SH.
- PHTH 5212 Public Health Administration and Policy. 3 SH
- PHTH 5120 Race, Ethnicity, and Health in the United States. 3 SH
- PHTH 5212 Public Health Administration and Policy. 3 SH.
- PHTH 5214 Environmental Health. 3 SH
- PHTH 5222 Health Advocacy. 3 SH
- PHTH 5224 Social Epidemiology. 3 SH
- PHTH 5230 Global Health. 3 SH
- PHTH 6200 Principles and History of Urban Health. 3 SH
- PHTH 6204 Society, Behavior, and Health. 3 SH
For additional information, contact Julie Switkes.
Type of Program
- Graduate Program
Accreditations & Affiliations